WHAT IS WOKVEL®
Proprietary WokVel® Extract, from Boswellia serrata, is standardized to boswellic acids to achieve efficacious levels of keto-boswellic acid. It is a natural, clinically backed botanical ingredient that is known to support joint health.
The sap from the Boswellia tree has been used for centuries in traditional Ayurveda medicine. In Sanskrit, its name Gajabhaksha, or ‘Elephant Tree’, may refer to the name Ayurvedic physicians gave it when witnessing elephants – symbols of longevity and strength – eating the sap from the tree bark. Commonly known as Frankincense (as a species), Boswellia resin holds a sacred place in the history of many cultures.
Today, WokVel® Extract has multiple standardizations to the natural spectrum fingerprint of boswellic acid and is shown to be bioavailable in human trials. WokVel® Extract is made in our cGMP certified, botanicals-only facility.
Dietary supplements like WokVel® are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please keep in mind that statements may not be applicable in all countries. Claims made on this site are specific to WokVel®, and make no reference to finished products. Consumers are recommended to check with local legal counsel and/or healthcare professional(s) before making any purchases of products and/or services from our finished product partners.
CLINICALLY SUPPORTED DOSAGE
- Pending Indications: 333 – 999mg / day
- Bioavailable form of Boswellia serrata
- Clinically Researched to Support Joint Health
- Targets 5-Lipoxygenase
- Readily Absorbed 11-Keto Boswellic Acid (KBA)
REGULATORY / SAFETY
- Excellent Safety Profile & Traditional Use
- Herbs of Commerce Volume 2
- Non-GMO Compliant; Meets or Exceeds USP / ICH / Prop-65 Standards
- HPLC Standardized to the Natural Fingerprint of Boswellic Acids for Bioactive Markers
RESEARCH BEHIND WOKVEL®
Representing the natural spectrum of boswellic acids used in traditional medicine for thousands of years, WokVel® is supported by peer-reviewed clinical trials with a recommended dosage of 333mg three times a day. A major key to Boswellia’s effect on joint health is its bioavailability. In order to reduce inflammation, active boswellic acids must achieve target blood and tissue concentrations needed to address key enzymes such as 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO) responsible for joint function and flexibility.
- WokVel® Extract was shown to be bioavailable in humans, with a single dose of 333mg achieving blood levels of keto-boswellic acid (KBA) shown to address 5-lipoxygenase.
- Multiple published trials have shown statistically and clinically significant effects of WokVel® for joint health. A randomized, placebo controlled clinical study, was conducted with WokVel® Extract in 30 patients. Improvements in joint health parameters, using the WOMAC scale, were clinically and statistically significant in the group receiving WokVel® as compared to the group receiving placebo.
PROPERTIES OF WOKVEL®
We value responsible and ethically sourced products. We aim to supply our customers with innovative ingredients that adhere to an intricate quality process.