Your privacy and trust are important to us. This Statement explains how Verdure Sciences, Inc., its affiliates, and subsidiaries (“Verdure Sciences, Inc.,” “we”, “us” or “our”) collect, handle, store and protect personal information about you in the context of our products and services. It also provides information about your rights and about how you can contact us if you have questions about how we handle your information.
This Statement applies to individuals who use any website, application, including mobile application (“app”), product, software, or service of ours that hyperlinks to this Statement (we call these our “Products”).
It does not generally apply to individuals whose personal information forms part of the contract included with the sale of our Products, although you can find further information on that topic within the Seller’s Terms and Conditions.
Verdure Sciences, Inc. provides products and services for its customers and these are not aimed at children. In the limited circumstances where we may inadvertently collect and use personal information about children, for example to develop an educational resource, we will comply with industry guidelines
and applicable laws.
Depending on the Product, we may provide additional or different privacy statements or notices for specific interactions you have with us or to highlight how we use your personal information for specific Products. Where we do this, it will be clear which statements apply to which interactions and Products.
For example, if you use a mobile app we create, we provide you a separate notice in relation to a particular data type collected through that app.
Within our websites, there may be links to third-party websites or applications. We are not responsible for the content or privacy compliance of third party websites or applications. You should check those websites or applications for their privacy statements and terms that apply to them.
For some purchases of Products, we make decisions on how personal information is used in the context of purchasing or using a Product (Verdure Sciences, Inc. is a controller of personal information in this case), and for other Products we will only use personal information as instructed by our customers (Verdure Sciences, Inc. is a processor of personal information in this case). Below you can find more information on the cases in which Verdure Sciences, Inc. is a controller of personal information and information on how to contact us.
To learn more about when we are a controller of personal information, please visit https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rules-business-and-organisations/obligations_en If you wish to contact Verdure Sciences, Inc., please contact the company at the address shown in the Indiana Secretary of State’s office using https://bsd.sos.in.gov/publicbusinesssearch
Further information about when we act as a processor of personal information can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rules-business-and-organisations/obligations_en.
We collect personal information about you from your interactions with us and from certain third parties and other sources (such as your employer or the company providing access to our Products or from publicly available sources where permissible).
We obtain personal information from you:
- through your interactions with us and our Products, such as, when you purchase or use our Products, register for an event, request information or call us for support (please note that we may record or monitor our telephone calls for compliance and quality assurance purposes)
- through your system/device and use of webpages for our Products. Our servers, logs and other technologies automatically collect system/device and usage information to help us administer, protect and improve our webpages and Products, analyze usage and improve users’ and purchasers’ experience
- through cookies and similar technologies included on webpages for our Products. More information relating to cookies, and how to control their use can be found here and information related to Interest-Based and Mobile Advertising can be found here.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties such as:
- an organization to which you belong where that organization provides you access to information or purchase our Products (such as a university providing you access to certain information about our Products, like studies about our Products)
- partners and service providers who work with us in relation to our Products
- publicly available sources such as public websites, open government databases or other data in the public domain, to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance our webpages and the Products
The type of personal information we collect depends on how you are interacting with us and which Products you are purchasing or using.
In many cases, you can choose whether or not to provide us with personal information, but if you choose not to, you may not get full functionality from the Products.
The personal information we may collect generally consists of the following:
- Name and contact data, such as, first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data
- Account Credentials, such as, passwords and other security information for authentication and access
- User content, such as, communications and files provided by you in relation to your purchase and use of the Products
- Payment information, such as, payment card number (credit or debit card), and the security code associated with your payment instrument, if our systems later allows you make a payment in this fashion.
- Device information, such as, information about your device, such as IP address, location or provider
- Usage information and browsing history, such as, information about how you navigate within our webpages, your browsing history and which elements of webpages about our Products you use the most
- Location data, for webpages with location-enhanced features. If we need your consent to collect geo-location data, we will collect this separately
- Demographic information, such as, your country, and preferred language
- Video or pictures, if you visit us or attend a Verdure Sciences, Inc. event
This section includes details of the purposes for which we use personal information and also the different legal grounds upon which we process that personal information. We use personal information to provide and improve our webpages and Products and for other purposes that are in our legitimate interests, as well as for compliance purposes. Further information is set out below.
Some laws require us to explain our lawful reason for processing your personal information. We process personal information about you on the basis that it is:
- necessary for the performance of a contract: where we have a contract with you, we will process your personal information in order to fulfil that contract (i.e., to provide you with sale and delivery of Products)
- in our or a third parties’ legitimate interests: details of those legitimate interests are set out in more detail below (e.g., provision of Products that we are contractually obliged by a third party, such as your employer or our subscriber, to sale and deliver to you)
- where you give us your consent: we only ask for your consent in relation to specific uses of personal information where we need to and, if we need it, we will collect it separately and make it clear that we are asking for consent
- for compliance with a legal obligation (e.g., to respond to a court order or a regulator)
You are welcome to contact us for further information on the legal grounds that we rely on in relation to any specific processing of your personal information.
We use personal information for a number of legitimate interests, including to provide and improve Products, administer our relationship with you and our business, for marketing and in order to exercise our rights and responsibilities. More detailed information about these legitimate interests is set out below.
- to set up and administer your account, provide technical and customer support and training,
verify your identity, and send important account, purchase and Product information
- to administer our relationship with you, our business and our third-party providers (e.g., to send
- to deliver and suggest tailored content such as news, research, reports and business information. We analyze the way you use our webpages and Products to make suggestions to you for features or products that we believe you will also be interested in, and so that we can make our Products and purchasing experience more user-friendly
- to personalize your experience with our Products. We may retain your browsing and usage information to make your searches within our webpages more relevant and use those insights to target advertising to you online on our websites and apps. Your choices in relation to marketing are explained here.
- We may sometimes share your personal information across our associates, affiliates, and subsidiaries so that we can make the purchasing process for all Products we offer to you more intuitive (e.g., rather than requiring you to enter the same data many times)
- to contact you in relation to, and conduct, surveys or polls you choose to take part in and to analyze the data collected for market research purposes
- to display information you choose to post, share, upload or make available in chat rooms, messaging services, and community and event forums (including in community and event profiles) and for related collaboration, peer connection, and information exchange
- to provide any third party, who has made our Products available to you (e.g., your employer or our associates), insights about use of the Products
- for internal research and development purposes and to improve, test and enhance the features and functions of our webpages and Products
- to provide you with marketing as permitted by law
- to meet our internal and external audit requirements, including our information security obligations (and if your employer or our customer provides for your access to information about or to purchase our Products, to meet their internal and external audit requirements)
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety, networks, systems and property, or those of other persons
- for the prevention, detection or investigation of a crime or other breach of law or requirement, loss prevention or fraud
- to comply with requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, including where they are outside your country of residence
- in order to exercise our rights, and to defend ourselves from claims and to comply with laws and regulations that apply to us or third parties with whom we work
- in order to participate in, or be the subject of, any sale, merger, acquisition, restructure, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
Where we rely on legitimate interests as a lawful ground for processing your personal information, we balance those interests against your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms. For more information on how this balancing exercise has been carried out, please contact our customer service team.
We deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail and online. Where required by law, we will ask you to explicitly opt in to receive marketing from us. If we send you a marketing communication it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these communications in the future. Honoring your marketing preferences is important to us. You have the right to opt out of receiving direct marketing and targeted online advertising.
Where we send marketing emails, we provide unsubscribe options for your use within our emails. To update your email marketing preferences, please visit the applicable email preference center, a link to which will normally be included in emails you receive from us. In addition, you can also use the “Contact
Us” feature of a particular Product, discuss with your Verdure Sciences, Inc. contact or contact our customer service team.
Even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications by email, we may still send you service communications or important transactional information related to your accounts and subscriptions (for purposes such as providing customer support).
Interest-based advertising (IBA) allows us to deliver targeted advertising to users and purchasers of our Products. IBA works by showing you advertisements, or sending you marketing emails, that are based on the type of content you access or read. For example, as you browse webpages for our Products, one of the cookies placed on your device will be an advertising cookie so we can better understand what sort of pages or content you are interested in. The information collected about your device enables us to group you with other devices that have shown similar interests. We can then display advertising to categories
of users that is based on common interests. For more information about IBA, please visit: http://www.iab.net/public_policy/behavioral-advertisingprinciples.
Opting out of IBA
If you want to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising, it does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising when you are using our Products. It just means that we will not use your personal information for IBA and that any advertising you see will not be customized to you. You can exercise your online advertising choices at http://optout.aboutads.info or by clicking the AdChoices icon in an ad and following the instructions. You may also opt out of receiving interest-based ads from many sites through the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) Opt Out Tool (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices) and in the EU at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/. If you delete cookies, use a different device, or change web browsers, you may need to opt out again.
Mobile devices have an identifier that gives companies the ability to serve targeted ads to a specific mobile device. In many cases, you can turn off mobile device ad tracking or you can reset the advertising identifier at any time within your mobile device privacy settings. Another tool you can use to control advertising on your mobile device is the AppChoices App: http://youradchoices.com/appchoices. You may also choose to turn off location tracking on your mobile device. If you turn off ad tracking or location tracking, we will no longer use information collected from your device’s advertising identifier for the purposes of advertising. You may still see the same number of ads but they may be less relevant because they will not be based on your interests. Where we need your consent to gather information
about your location we will obtain this from you.
We share personal information within affiliates and subsidiaries of Verdure Sciences, Inc., with our business associates and third party Product providers, the person providing for your access to our Products (if that is not you) and in accordance with law. Our third-party Product providers are not permitted to share or use personal information we make available to them for any purpose other than to provide services to us.
We share your information for the purposes set out in this Statement, with the following categories of recipients:
- Verdure Sciences, Inc. affiliates and subsidiaries
- the person providing your access to our Products (e.g., your employer or our subscriber)
- business associates with whom we deliver co-branded products, provide content, or to host events, conferences and seminars
- third parties that help us offer and deliver Products or act on our behalf
- third parties where we have a duty to or are permitted to disclose your personal information by law (e.g., government agencies, law enforcement, courts and other public authorities)
- third parties in order to participate in, or be the subject of, any sale, merger, acquisition, restructure, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), in which case we may disclose your personal data to prospective buyers, sellers, advisers or partners and your data may be a transferred asset in a business sale
- third parties where reasonably required to protect our rights, users, systems and intellectual property (e.g., legal counsel and information security professionals)
- any person you have asked us to share information with (e.g., if you upload information into a public forum it is shared publicly)
Verdure Sciences, Inc. is a global organization and your personal information may be stored and processed outside of your home country, including in countries that may not offer the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country. We have measures in place to ensure that when your personal information is transferred internationally, it is subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with data protection laws. Often, these include contractual safeguards. More information about these safeguards (including copies, where relevant) can be obtained by contacting our customer service team.
Verdure Sciences, Inc. has networks, databases, servers, systems, support and helpdesks around the world. We collaborate with third parties like cloud hosting services, suppliers and technology support located around the world to serve the needs of our business, workforce and customers. We take appropriate steps to ensure that personal information is processed, secured and transferred according to applicable law. In some cases, we may need to disclose or transfer your personal information within Verdure Sciences, Inc. or to third parties in areas outside of your home country, including to countries that have not been declared adequate for the purposes of data protection by the European Commission.
The areas in which these recipients are located will vary from time to time, but include the United States, Europe, Canada, Asia (including Australia and India), and other countries where Verdure Sciences, Inc. has a presence or uses contractors. When we transfer personal information internationally, we put in place safeguards in accordance with applicable law (including Articles 44 to 50 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation). If you would like to know more about our data transfer practices and obtain copies of any relevant safeguarding measures, please contact our customer services team.
Verdure Sciences, Inc. takes the security of personal information seriously and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information (including administrative, technical and physical safeguards) according to the risk level and the service provided.
We have in place an information security and risk management protocols which outlines how we secure data and handling practices at Verdure Sciences, Inc.
Our information security policies and procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted international standards and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet the sensitivity of the personal information we handle, our business needs, changes in technology and regulatory requirements. We have implemented appropriate information security controls.
More information on the steps we have taken to ensure our information security practices meet the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation can be accessed by contacting our customer services team.
We retain your information in accordance with our enterprise records retention schedule. You can find more information on the criteria used to calculate the retention periods set out below.
Verdure Sciences, Inc. has a records and information team that works in conjunction with our privacy team to implement policies and rules relating to the retention of personal information. We have an enterprise records retention schedule that is based upon a classification scheme consisting of business functions, record classes, and record types.
We calculate retention periods for your personal information in accordance with the following criteria:
- the length of time necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for
- when you or your employer (or other customer providing for your access to information or purchase our Products) cease to use our Products
- the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations
- any limitation periods within which claims might be made
- any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations
- the existence of any relevant proceedings
You may have rights under European and other laws to have access to your personal information and to ask us to rectify, erase and restrict use of, your personal information. You may also have rights to object to your personal information being used, to ask for the transfer of personal information you have made available to us and to withdraw consent to the use of your personal information. Further information on how to exercise your rights is set out below.
We will honor your rights under applicable data protection laws. You have the following rights under European laws, and may have similar rights under the laws of other countries.
- Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information
- Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): The right to have certain personal information about you erased
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes
- Right to opt out of marketing: You can manage your marketing preferences by unsubscribe links found in the communications you receive from us or by visiting the applicable preference center
- Right to object: The right to object to processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests
- Right to data portability: The right to ask for the personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable format
- Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent
These rights are not absolute and they do not always apply in all cases.
In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If we do not comply with your request, whether in whole or in part, we will explain why.
In order to fully understand your rights please visit https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on a computer or other device and is used to identify the user or device and to collect information. Cookies are typically assigned to one of four categories, depending on their function and intended purpose: absolutely necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies, and cookies for marketing purposes.
Types of cookies and why we use them:
- Absolutely necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to move around a website and use its features. Without these cookies, information for the Products you have asked for, like adding items to an online shopping cart, cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our webpages. Information collected includes, for example, the Internet browsers and operating systems used, the domain name of the website previously visited, the number of visits, average duration of visit, and pages viewed. These cookies only collect information in an aggregated format. Performance cookies are used to improve the user-friendliness of a website and enhance your experience.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username or ID, language preference, or the area or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts, and other customizable parts of web pages. They may also be used to provide information for Products you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting and advertising cookies: These cookies track browsing habits and are used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an ad and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations, such as advertisers.
You can manage website cookies in your browser settings, and you always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. If you choose to change your settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended on our webpages. All browser settings are slightly different, so to manage cookies, you should refer to the relevant settings within your browser.
We understand that you may want to know more about cookies. Here are some useful resources that provide detailed information about types of cookies, how they are used, and how you can manage your cookie preferences: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Please check the websites for the browsers below for detailed information on how to disable and delete cookies in some commonly used browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox®
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome™
We use certain other tracking technologies in addition to cookies:
Local shared objects/Flash cookies: Flash cookies, also known as local shared objects, are designed to support browser content supported by Adobe® Flash. They are usually used to enable ads and video content on websites. Like other cookies, they will store information on your device, some of which will be specific to the Flash-enabled content. Flash cookies can only be deleted within Adobe Flash rather than via your browser. Please refer to the following help page for information on how to manage your privacy settings and deletion of Flash cookies: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html.
Web beacons: Our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs and transparent graphic images) that we use to help deliver cookies on our sites, count users who have visited those sites, deliver Products, and analyze the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, for example. We may also include web beacons in our marketing email messages or newsletters to determine whether an email is opened or if links are clicked. Web beacons are also used to deliver you interest-based advertising.
Web server & application logs: Our servers automatically collect certain information to help us administer and protect the Products, analyze usage, and improve users’ and purchasers’ experience. The information collected includes:
- IP address and browser type
- Device information including Unique Device Identifier (UDID), MAC address, Identifier For Advertisers (IFA), and similar identifiers we or others may assign
- Device operating system and other technical facts
- The city, state, and country from which you access our website
- Pages visited and content viewed, stored, and purchased
- Information or text entered
- Links and buttons clicked
- URLs visited before and after you use our Products
- “Do Not Track” Signals
Some browsers transmit Do Not Track (DNT) signals to websites. Due to the lack of a common interpretation of DNT signals throughout the industry, we do not currently alter, change, or respond to DNT requests or signals from these browsers. We continue to monitor industry activity in this area and reassess our DNT practices as necessary.
Some webpage for our Products may include social networking features. Additionally, you may choose to use your own social networking loginsto log into some webpages for our Products. If you choose to connect using a social networking or similar service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to enable you to log in and other information that you may choose to share when you connect with these webpages. These websites may collect information such as the web pages you visited and IP addresses, and may set cookies to enable features to function properly. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to the third-party services you connect to, use, or access. If you do not want your personal information shared with your social media account provider or other users of the social media service, please do not connect your social media account with your account for the Products and do not participate in social sharing on the Products
This Statement generally relates to the personal information we collect about users and purchasers in connection with our webpages and the Products, where we make decisions about how that personal information is handled (Verdure Sciences, Inc. as a controller).
Where we need to give you additional information about how your personal information is used in relation to specific Products we will provide separate or additional privacy notices.
Your business associates and other third parties may enter your personal information into webpages for Products we make available to, and host for webpages on their behalf. They may provide their own privacy notices to you. You should contact them for these notices, and you may also be able to find their privacy notices on their websites.
Many professionals and third parties rely on the use of publicly available information in order to carry out research or to satisfy their compliance obligations.
To assist them, we make available information obtained from publicly available sources like public websites, open government databases or other data in the public domain (some of which is behind a paywall and some not).
We take privacy seriously and put in place measures designed to ensure that we process personal information in a proportionate way and in compliance with data protection laws.
Where we process non-sensitive personal information within those webpages, it is normally processed because it is in our or a third parties’ legitimate interests to do so. In the limited circumstances where we process sensitive personal information, we normally do so where:
- necessary in relation to obligations under employment, social security and social protection law
- personal information has been manifestly made public by the person to whom it relates
- necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity
- processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, on the basis of applicable law
We put in place appropriate measures to protect your information where it is transferred internationally, to secure it and to ensure it is retained only for a reasonable period.
If you would like to make further enquiries about how personal information is used within a specific Product, please contact our customer service team.
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions in relation to data protection or this Statement, or any other concerns about the way in which we process information about you, please contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Customer Service, Verdure Sciences, Inc., 17150 Metro Park Ct, Noblesville, IN 46060, USA.
If you are not satisfied with the response, we encourage you to escalate your query to our Data Protection Officer at Data Protection Officer, Verdure Sciences, Inc., 17150 Metro Park Ct, Noblesville, IN 46060, USA.
Additionally, if you wish to locate a Verdure Sciences, Inc. office, please see https://vs-corp.com/
Filing a Complaint. If you are not content with how Verdure Sciences, Inc. manages your personal information, you can lodge a complaint with a privacy supervisory authority. In the European Economic Area, the relevant supervisory authority is the one in the country or territory where:
- you are resident
- you work, or
- the alleged infringement took place
A list of National Data Protection Authorities in the European Economic Area can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Updates to this statement
This Statement may be subject to updates. Any material future changes or additions to the processing of personal information as described in this Statement affecting you will be communicated to you through an appropriate channel. For example, we may place a prominent notice on a product site or email you to let you know of an updated Statement.